Mimi’s Guide to Work Avoidance Therapy for Dummies (Simplified & Abridged & Incomplete)
1. Develop a loop of dreadful thoughts about work, which can be broken by actually doing the work. Simply refuse.
2. Go out to lunch. Promise self will do work after lunch.
3. Reach home, full of roast chicken and (ginormous!) onion rings, choose to lie in bed and read art magazine.
4. Envy other people’s workspaces in art magazine, wonder if they ever develop loop of dreadful thoughts about work. Imagine that they don’t, since they have really nice studios.
5. Start to think of own shabby workspace. Something needs to be done! (‘Something’ is obviously not work)
6. Spend the rest of the day doodling over softboard. Upload pics of softboard to blog and FB.
7. Whole day has passed. Work remains untouched.
My softboard has nothing stuck on it. It is merely for fashion purposes (and something to clip my desklamp to).
Okay my legs are tired. I’ll stop now.
Attack of The Toaster Robot!!! A homage to the ever-so-classic flying toasters screensaver circa Windows 3.1.